1. OBJECT AND TERMS OF SERVICE
The Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico, with headquarters in Radda in Chianti (SI), Palazzo Comunale, as part of its mission to enhance and promote Chianti Classico wine and the strong relationship that ties it to its territory, has developed the Chianti Classico Card, which consists of the portal card.chianticlassico.com and the Chianti Classico Card app. Its purpose is to promote, enhance and support the Chianti territory though the use of the Chianti Classico Card, a pass that gives the cardholder access to a wide range of experiences to be chosen and enjoyed freely at the wineries throughout the Chianti Classico region.
These general terms and conditions govern the sale of:
the Chianti Classico Card, an exclusively digital pass (namely, it must be used using the Chianti Classico Card app) with a 12-month validity that allows the cardholder to enjoy up to 3 experiences offered by our partnering wineries.
The Chianti Classico Card comes in 2 main types/denominations, depending on the number of experiences (“galletti” - roosters) available and usable by the cardholder, and included in the purchase price.
• Chianti Classico Card “3 galletti” (3 roosters): it allows the cardholder to choose from and enjoy up to 3 experiences selected among those listed in the portal, under the section ‘Esperienze’, and in the official Chianti Classico Card app
• Chianti Classico Card “2 galletti” (2 roosters): it allows the cardholder to choose from and enjoy up to 2 experiences selected among those listed in the portal, under the section ‘Esperienze’, and in the official Chianti Classico Card app
In addition to the experiences included in the cost, if the card has run out of credit but has not yet expired, all cardholders still have a 10% discount on the purchase of products and services offered by partnering wineries.
Cardholders must register on the Chianti Classico Card app to have access to services and experiences offered by the Chianti Classico Card.
The Chianti Classico Card app that allows use of the Chianti Classico Card, offered only in digital format, is available on Google Play and iTunes.
Validity: the Chianti Classico Card has a 1-year validity from the date of purchase.
Object of the services offered by the Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico is the purchase, online or from an authorized retailer, of the Chianti Classico Card. All information is available in the specific sections of the website.
In order to access the chosen experience, the user must contact the winery that offers the selected experience in advance to reserve the experience independently, using the contact info listed in the portal and in the app.
2. HOW TO PURCHASE
The Chianti Classico Card is sold online, at card.chianticlassico.com, and also at physical stores.
In case of purchase from a physical store:
• The client will receive a scratch card with a secret personal code under the scratch-off coating;
• In order to activate the “digital” card, the client must download the Chianti Classico Card app (available from Google Play and iTunes);
• The client must enter his/her personal activation code in the section Attiva card (Activate card) of the Chianti Classico Card app. The system will automatically generate the card purchased by the client and linked to the activation code entered.
In case of purchase of the Chianti Classico Card online or through the Chianti Classico Card app:
• The client must fill out the online registration form in all its required parts;
• The client must read and approve these general terms and conditions;
• The client will complete the procedure to purchase the card. Availability of the Chianti Classico Card is subject to variation until the transaction is successfully completed. Online purchase of the Chianti Classico Card becomes effective once the registration form is filled out and payment is made.
3. ONLINE PAYMENT
Payment may be made by credit card using the international circuits listed upon completion of purchase (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Carte Bancaire) following the instructions illustrated in the procedures described online.
5. PRICE AND VALIDITY
Cost of the card varies according to type:
• Chianti Classico Card “3 galletti” (3 roosters): 54,00 euro
• Chianti Classico Card “2 galletti” (2 roosters): 36,00 euro
The card has a 12-month validity from purchase.
6. RIGHT TO CANCEL AND REFUND POLICY
The user may cancel the contract within 14 days from the completed purchase pursuant and for the purposes of Section 52 of Legislative Decree n. 206/2005.
The right to cancel may be exercised EXCLUSIVELY at the following conditions:
• For “physical” card/s: as long as the card is intact. Personalization of the card or its damage shall result in the exclusion of any refund. Should the scratch-off coating be removed from the activation code, the card shall no longer be returnable nor refundable.
• For “digital” card/s: as long as the client has NOT enjoyed any of the experiences offered by partnering wineries.
If said conditions are complied with, cancellation shall give rise to the refund of the purchase. The refund amount will be net of the fees retained by the online payment system at the time of your purchase.
Should the card not be collected nor used beyond the time limits, we shall not be held responsible for the impossibility to access and enjoy the purchased service due to changes in the technical and/or commercial conditions that may alter its functioning and/or cost, and no refund nor replacement of the purchased product shall be possible.
All cards, whether in physical form or in digital form on the app, cannot be refunded nor replaced if stolen and/or lost.
The card cannot be refunded in case of changes directly involving the services offered by the partnering wineries (by way of example: changes in opening hours, weather conditions). For all info on experiences, services and terms of delivery by each partnering winery, please refer to the section “Experiences” on the official website card.chianticlassico.com.
Stolen Chianti Classico Cards are not refundable; physical scratch cards or digital activation codes that are purchased and then lost will not be refunded. The user is strongly encouraged to store his/her card with care, and if it is a physical card, not to bend it. Should the “physical” scratch card be deteriorated or the activation code not be visible at the time of purchase, the user may return it to the retailer where it was purchased and have it replaced.
The Chianti Classico Card generated in "digital" mode by the app downloaded by the user on his/her personal phone is and shall remain linked to the operation of one’s personal device. No refund nor replacement of cards shall be possible should the malfunctioning be connected with the mobile device used by the client. However, the client may download the Chianti Classico Card app onto a different device and access the card using his/her log-in information.
7. EXCLUSION CLAUSE
The Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico shall in no way be responsible with regard to the terms regulating the supply of services. Any complaint concerning the supply of services by the partnering wineries, any inconvenience or delay must be reported directly to the service providers and communicated via Email in CC to email@example.com, so that the Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico may take any necessary remedial measures.
In order to access the chosen experience, the user must contact the winery that offers the selected service in advance to reserve the experience independently, using the contact info listed in the portal and in the app.